Villages and Towns of exception
Built century after century, our towns and villages are the guardians of our region's identity. Set amongst green hills and valleys and moorlands and forests, eight of France's “Loveliest Villages” and ten “Loveliest Detours” reveal the wealth of know-how, tradition and history in the region. These authentic destinations with their remarkable architecture make it more than worthwhile concocting an original itinerary taking in old stone and greenery. A great opportunity for you to get away and discover the charm and character of our picturesque towns and villages.
France's Loveliest Villages
- In the south of Berry, Apremont-sur-Allier
- Candes-Saint-Martin in the heart of the Loire-Anjou-Touraine Regional Nature Park
- In Touraine, Crissay-sur-Manse
- Gargilesse, the romantic town
- Lavardin, a place to stop off in the Loir Valley
- Montrésor, a gorgeous village
- A trip back to the Middle Ages in Saint-Benoît-du-Sault
- Welcome to Yèvre-le-Châtel
Find out more
France's Loveliest Detours
- Beaugency, the "Princess of the Loire"
- In Châteaudun, the land of Dunois
- La Châtre, "the town I have loved so much..." wrote George Sand
- Loches, a town of contrast
- Mehun-sur-Yèvre, the porcelain town
- Montargis, the "Venice of Gâtinais"
- Nogent-le-Rotrou, in the heart of the Perche Regional Nature Park
- Saint-Amand-Montrond, the town of gold
- Incomparable Sancerre
- In the footsteps of Talleyrand in Valençay
Find out more